01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Introduction And My 2014 Book Reading Challenge 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Introduction And My 2014 Book Reading Challenge

34
Hello everyone, my name is Emma and I created this blog as a place where I can share with others my love for books. 

I've always thought about writing book reviews and it was only until the start of 2014 that I decided to do something about it! 


I'm most certainly not a professional by any means, but I feel that from experience and learning from others I can grow as a blogger and hopefully bring a means of education and encouragement to everyone who is inspired by books and those who wish to take more of an interest in them :)


This year I have set myself up a challenge of reading twenty books by the end of 2014- I know this may sound like such a low number but I don't want to appear too ambitious and you never know I may exceed this number!


A wonderful and clever website known as goodreads.com is where I have set up my target and can monitor my progress throughout the year. Not only this, it recommends you books, gathers your ratings for books you have read in the past and it even allows you to write a review in the comments box and give star ratings which you can share with others within the site,

Additionally, book clubs have also been set up which give you the opportunity to discuss books with others who share the same interests as you. In my opinion this helped to open my eyes as to how others interpret books differently to how I do- its so much fun! 

There is SO much more to this website than what I have described, but its just a great community to get involved in, so I urge you to check out the website as I couldn't recommend it enough!

I hope you'll come with me on this journey!






Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38