01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Life Update #1 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Life Update #1

34
Well I'm back from my weekend away. I definitely needed the break from everything and I'm feeling very refreshed!

So let me tell you what's been going on, I know I don't often talk about what's going on in my life but I would like to perhaps once a month just to give you a snippet into what I've been up to.

Center Parcs is a short break company that has many places in the UK, its where families, couples, friends can take part in a wide range of sporing activities- I'm not the most sporty person in the world but even I enjoy it! I've been going there since I can remember and its never been a disappointment to me. Its a beautiful place to go, you're in the woods with all the wild animals in these wooden lodge type accommodation and its just so peaceful and you feel so at ease.

What made this short break even more special was that my best friend Mollie came with me.


One of the activities I enjoyed the most at Center Parcs was badminton, shockingly I wasn't too bad at playing it either! The only sports I do enjoy are; swimming and cricket to be honest. I've played badminton before but this time round I enjoyed it a lot more, maybe because I was playing it with Mollie and it wasn't so competitive compared to playing with my family- it was a good laugh!

The wildlife at Center Parcs is also something I adore. Outside your wooden lodge, you quite often find a couple of ducks lurking around for some food. So let me introduce you guys to my temporary pets; Jemima and Patrick...


They came by every day to see me for their quota of bread and they were just adorable. Also, we got a couple of other visitors; Peter the rabbit and Jack the Muntjack...

 
After this refreshing week away from home and all my worries, I came back with an important decision to make.

As I mentioned in my last quick post before Center Parcs, I found out that I failed my first year of university. In a way I felt a sense of disappointment in myself as I know that I could have worked harder and wouldn't have failed, but I do feel a sense of relief too. This is because throughout my first year there were a lot of ups and downs, and perhaps I didn't feel like this is what I should be doing. By no means do I mean that I didn't want a degree anymore, because I do. Right now however, I feel that I'm not at the right point in my life to gain myself a degree. Sad as it may be I didn't enjoy my course, Geography despite me loving it at GCSE and A Level- if anything it was too mind blowing for me. I love the subject and I always will, but this time round it just wasn't what I expected or ready to do. Its not the end of the world and I can always go back to doing a degree at some point down the line, when I know what I want to do for a career and I'm willing to work at my best to get it. I don't feel like I've wasted this year at university, if anything its given me some experience and opened my eyes as to what I really want to do. I've had a taste of it and I can decide later on whether I want to try again in the future :)

So for the next year as of September I am having a year out working at my supermarket that I've been working at part time for two years. I've already asked for extra hours they can give me so I can gain a bit more pocket money to give my parents rent and to put in my 'pot of dreams' towards funding myself to go on a gap year for travelling! :) My family are being incredibly supportive with my decision which I'm thankful for, and I feel an element of braveness from putting myself first and doing something will (hopefully) make me happy. I don't want to be caught up doing something I don't feel comfortable in doing, its just not worth it! So fingers crossed this is the start of something new and fresh- positive vibes only! If it means I need to find another job to earn more money then I will, because ultimately I want to live life to the full and travel around the world.

That's it from me, I do have a number of reviews I need to post on here these next couple of weeks so look out for those!

As always thank you for reading and I hope you're having a lovely day.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38