01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: My 2014 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My 2014

34
2014 has been a bit of a topsy-turvy one, dropping out of university seemingly the not so much highlight but "big" event that has happened this year. That makes it sound all doom a gloom, which it was definitely not by any means.

A favourite memory from 2014 would be my trip to Dublin, a place I've been wanting to visit for a long time now and by gosh it didn't disappoint! This may have something to do with the consumption of alcohol during that weekend but I wouldn't change it for the world.


As you can see demonstrated in this picture, I was at my happiest right here in that glorious vibrant city of drunken folk and bubbly country singers. I hope that someday soon I will return to this wonderful place and have even more fun!

2014 made me discover a lot about myself as to what my goals are in life and what I needed to do to make myself happy rather than others. I've learnt to say no when I'm uncomfortable and take myself out of a situation I know that I can't cope with. University was a big step, but dropping out was even harder for me. I felt this weight of pressure and disappointment hanging over me but all of this was daft of me as I realised I have a supportive family surrounding me, who seemed even prouder of me to admit that none of it was the right decision for me. I think that's the biggest lesson I've learnt this year is I shouldn't feel I have to follow in anyone's footsteps as they're never going to be my own. I need to make my own path with my own footsteps as I'll be in a much happier place- which I'm getting there! I have a job and its getting me by until I discover what I want to do...which right at this moment in time is to enroll in the Open University. I'm excited to work as much as I can until I enroll in October of 2015 and hopefully travel to a few destinations before then.

Looking into 2015, I want to build my confidence even more and take opportunities that are given to me. I know I have the right people around me, some more loving than I can possibly imagine. Which leads me onto the fact I need to have more faith in who I am as a person and believe what people tell me are my strengths rather than denying them. I need to perhaps throw myself in the deep end of things and not worry myself so much as to what's going to happen but more go with the flow and see where I end up. For someone who is notably one to keep to themselves and not like change this is a big deal for me. Not to just let people in but to go into the unknown but right now I feel excited for all of this "unknown".


Right now I am the happiest I've been in a long time, I have my real friends around me, a Belfast trip to look forward to, my 20th birthday and other hopes and dreams to be unveiled.  


I want to thank my friends who have stuck by me this year and have been my rock through the bad and the good times. I'm on my road to success and I have a feeling that 2015 will be a positive year for me, but I know I won't be able to do it without all the amazing support that I've been given from those around me. I love you all and you know who you are, so big hugs and smiles from me. 


I wish you all a very prosperous new year and I can't wait to share my new year with you :-)



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38