01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: February 2015 Wrap-Up 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

February 2015 Wrap-Up

34
The end of February already? This year is disappearing so quickly already! But alas, February was a great reading month for me. I've read some pretty amazing books this month and one I was disappointed with but hey we can't love everything we read! So without further ado here is my February wrap-up :-)


Probably my favourite book I read this month has got to be a tie between, Red Queen and Throne of Glass. Just brilliant books that in my eyes were worthy of a five star rating!

Throne of Glass was also my first buddy read with my friend and fellow blogger Cecilie, we thoroughly enjoyed reading the first adventure of Celaena Sardothien and I cannot wait to continue with this series that holds such promise!

A book that took me by surprise this month was The Catalyst by Helena Coggan. In case you didn't know Helena is only fifteen and this is her debut novel which I couldn't believe a girl of age could write with this much brilliance. I'm never going to underestimate young authors ever again! I can't wait to see where she takes her story to next- if you love magic, demons and to be mind blown then read her book!

I ended the month sadly with the book Hush by Stacey R. Campbell which unfortunately I didn't enjoy as much as I hoped I would.



Here are my reviews for the books I read this month:

- Wreckage by Emily Bleeker
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
- The Catalyst by Helena Coggan
- Hush by Stacey R. Campbell


I haven't gone mad this month with books- not so extreme as last month with my Charles Dickens collection- haha!


I've been waiting for The Rosie Effect to be brought out in paperback for so long! I adored The Rosie Project so this is on my high priority list :-)

Her and Thirteen Reasons Why are two books that have been on my to-be-read list since who knows when. I just hope they don't end up on my shelf waiting to be read for too long!


The month of March I'm hoping will equally be a good month for reading and for myself as a whole.

I'm seeing Clean Bandit on the 13th and my new bed is being delivered the next day in addition to me having a day off from work- yay! I've also been getting more hours from work recently so on a whole things are looking a lot brighter, and I hope this continues throughout the month!

I'm taking part in my second buddy read with my lovely friend Sarah to which we're going to read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood- very excited to start this!

Furthermore I've just started my first and ironically his last novel, George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. I've heard so much about how wonderful Orwell's novels are so again I have high hopes for this.

I've set myself the target of these four books to be read this month :-)

(Links to the synopsis' these books are listed below)

- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
- Half Wild by Sally Green

Two series I can't wait to continue, City of Ashes and Half Wild are the second books of their series and I'm very excited to read both!

So there we have it, I hope March brings happiness and lots of great reads to you all! Thank you to everyone who reads and comments on my blog, it really does put a huge smile on my face and its so lovely to call you all friends even though many of you are from afar. Much love to you all :-)


Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38