01 02 03 Emma's Bookery 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

34

Hosted by: Breaking the Spine

Wednesday already? This week is going stupidly quick! Now I know this was announced a while ago now but my Waiting on Wednesday this week is Harper Lee's 'Go Set A Watchman' the second book following To Kill A Mockingbird. Now despite me not rating TKAM very highly I am surprisingly intrigued to read this book, I realise that TKAM was and is still a well loved book but for me perhaps I felt it took a lot to get into it! Nevertheless I have high hopes for its second novel...



The book is set during the mid-1950s, some 20 ears after the events of To Kill a Mockingbird. Scout (Jean Louise Finch) has returned to Maycomb from New York to visit her father Atticus and is forced to grapple with issues both personal and political as she tries to understand both her father's attitude toward society, and her own feelings about the place where she was born and spent her childhood. (Source)

So there's my Waiting on Wednesday, what are the books you can't wait to read this year? Tell me in the comments :-)

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38