01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: April Wrap-Up 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

April Wrap-Up

34
It's May everyone! Nearly at the half way mark for 2015, hasn't it gone quick? I know I say this every month but this year is flying by!

Although April may not have been the best month for me due to personal reasons, its been a brilliant month for books! :-)



I have read some brilliant books this month, some eBooks slipped in to the mix too! Beginning with the second installment to the Half Bad trilogy, Half Wild was a book that I had long anticipated since reading the first book last year. I rekindled my love for the characters I previously had attachments to and again I'm left with wanting more- so bring on the third and final book!

Many will know the next book I picked up was sent to me by Quercus Books that I couldn't stop going on about on this blog! Fall of Man in Wilmslow is a historical fiction book centered around the death of mathematician, Alan Turing. Since discovering Turing myself and seeing the film The Imitation Game starring Benedict Cumberbatch, I just simply can't get enough of this part of the war effort! Many thanks for sending me such a brilliant book, I would say this was my favourite book of the month.

A quick read from Oscar Wilde hit the spot this month, Lord Arthur Savile's Crime was a witty read which I expect no less from Wilde. It's made me realise I need to carry on reading from his works!
Soil by Jamie Kornegay wasn't quite the book I thought it would be, but what I did love about it was the connection I had with the main character and his passion for the environment and the world in general. 

Lastly for this month, again a much anticipated book that I had pre-ordered back in August. I received my copy of All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher, a YouTube I've been watching for the past couple of years. This book is for anyone who needs reassurance to take action with their life in order to achieve dreams, this was a wonderfully uplifting book and gave me comfort from a big sister I never had!

Read my reviews of these books:

Half Wild by Sally Green
Fall of Man in Wilmslow by David Lagercrantz
Lord Arthur Savile's Crime by Oscar Wilde
Soil by Jamie Kornegay
All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher


I feel that this month I was more restraint with my book buying! Although saying that I've been lucky to have received many eBooks (which I won't include in this haul) that I'm very much looking forward to. Here are the books I purchased this month...



(Click the links for full Synopsis on Goodreads)

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

The year is 2059. Nineteen year-old Paige Mahoney is working in the criminal underworld of Scion London, based at Seven Dials, employed by a man named Jaxon Hall. Her job: to scout for information by breaking into people's minds. For Paige is a dreamwalker, a clairvoyant and, in the world of Scion, she commits treason simply by breathing...

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

1970s Afghanistan: Twelve-year-old Amir is desperate to win the local kite-fighting tournament and his loyal friend Hassan promises to help him. But neither of the boys can foresee what will happen to Hassan that afternoon, an event that is to shatter their lives...

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

One night, Mia Dennett enters a bar to meet her on-again, off-again boyfriend, but when he doesn't show up, she leaves with an enigmatic stranger...

A Discovery of Witches Trilogy by Deborah Harkness

A world of witches, daemons and vampires. A manuscript which holds the secrets of their past and the key to their future. Diana and Matthew- the forbidden love at the heart of it...


 I'm hesitant to lay down what I plan to read in May, I feel that sometimes I change my mind too often with books. I have quite a few books I want to prioritise but I don't want to have a mood change and then not pick them up, so here's what I MIGHT read in May. That way I won't look too silly for not reading them haha!


(Click the links for the full synopsis)

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger

Holden Caulfield is a seventeen-year-old dropout who has just been kicked out of his fourth school. Navigating his way through the challenges of growing up, Holden dissects the 'phony' aspects of society, and the 'phonies' themselves: the headmaster whose affability depends on the wealth of the parents, his roommate who scores with girls using sickly- sweet affection...

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death...

Trust In Me by Sophie McKenzie

Julia has always been the friend that Livy turns to when life is difficult. United fifteen years ago by grief at the brutal murder of Livy's sister, Kara, they've always told each other everything. 
Or so Livy thought...

The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain (Currently Reading)

What if everything you believed was a lie?
Riley MacPherson is returning to her childhood home in North Carolina. A place that holds cherished memories. While clearing out the house she finds a box of old newspaper articles- and a shocking family secret begins to unravel...

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas (Currently Reading)

When nineteen year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin- one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.


There we have it everyone! Thank you all once again for being such wonderful readers of this blog, without you guys reading it and sending me praise and starting great discussions I wouldn't have carried on. I love this blog and you guys are what make it brilliant, so thank you and I hope you are happy to stay.

Sending you all much love and happiness for the month of May :-)


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38