01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

34

I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award by the lovely Olivia over at Fluttering Pages- thank you very much Olivia you've put a huge smile on my face!

It's always nice doing award posts, recently I've discovered so many new blogs that I love so this post is going to be fun!

The Rules

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.

Questions that were put to me

1. What is your favourite classic book?

Without a doubt, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. It's witty, dark and just full of brilliant quotes that get you thinking. I really adore this book and it's interesting to know that at the time the book was published it was a controversial read disliked and loved my many! I strongly urge anyone to read this it's awesome!

2. How may bookshelves do you have? Are they currently overflowing?

I have one bookcase, it's not that big and I could do with one massive one going all the way around my room haha- so yes overflowing perhaps is a bit of a timid word to use to say how many books I have!

3. What is your favourite friendship/platonic relationship in any book?

My favourite friendship in a book would have to be Harry and Hermione's in the Harry Potter series, despite some people wanting them to have a relationship I just love how their friendship is. It's enough and cute, I would love a best friend like Harry (perhaps without all the baggage of Voldemort coming after him haha).

4. Which characters from a book would you love to see thrown in the modern world? Why?

I would love to see Fagin, Dodger and Nancy from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens in the modern world. A retelling of this book would be awesome, as much as I love the Victorian era this book is set in. It would be great to see these characters in today's society!

5. What are the top 3 books on your TBR right now that you're dying to read?

To finish Armada (so far so good!) by Ernest Cline, Kit by Marina Fiorato, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

6. Favourite TV shows?

Once Upon A Time, Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Game of Thrones.

7. What are you most looking forward to this summer?

Well I've already had my summer holiday in Spain, but in about four weeks time I'm going to one of my favourite places, Somerset to visit my uncle. It's such a chilled environment and I love the countryside so much!

8. What was your most recent five star rating?

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith aka J.K Rowling

9. Give a shout out/recommendation to an underrated book that not a lot of people have heard of.

 Fall of Man in Wilmslow by David Lagercrantz

Fictional book about one of the most brave man who I have such respect for, Alan Turing. Trust me- read it!

10. Who would be your godly parent? They could be Greek (Percy Jackson), Roman (Heroes of Olympus), Egyptian (Kane Chronicles), or Norse (Magnus Chase) and why?

Bit of an awkward one as I've never read any of these books (hides face), but I am planning on reading the Percy Jackson books so I'll just go with Greek!

Questions I'll be passing on

1. What are you currently reading?
2. If you could be any character in one of your favourite books who would it be and why?
3. Choose a superpower and why you want that power?
4. Favourite setting for a book?
5. Name five books you want to read but keep putting off.
6. What genre is your favourite and why?
7. What do you have planned for summer?
8. Favourite TV shows?
9. What's your opinion on ebooks?
10. Snog, Marry, Avoid? Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Draco Malfoy.

My nominations

Noelia @ A Day In Bookland
Jody @ A Spoonful of Happy Endings
Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
Beth @ The Quiet People
Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm
Tracy @ Cornerfolds
KayCee @ Wonder Struck
Kaitlin @ Reading Is My Treasure
Jessica @ Peace Love Books
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian 


Again, massive thank you to Olivia for nominating me! Those who I have nominated have fun with my questions I look forward to reading them haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38