I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award by the lovely Olivia over at Fluttering Pages- thank you very much Olivia you've put a huge smile on my face!
It's always nice doing award posts, recently I've discovered so many new blogs that I love so this post is going to be fun!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
Questions that were put to me
1. What is your favourite classic book?
Without a doubt, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. It's witty, dark and just full of brilliant quotes that get you thinking. I really adore this book and it's interesting to know that at the time the book was published it was a controversial read disliked and loved my many! I strongly urge anyone to read this it's awesome!
2. How may bookshelves do you have? Are they currently overflowing?
I have one bookcase, it's not that big and I could do with one massive one going all the way around my room haha- so yes overflowing perhaps is a bit of a timid word to use to say how many books I have!
3. What is your favourite friendship/platonic relationship in any book?
My favourite friendship in a book would have to be Harry and Hermione's in the Harry Potter series, despite some people wanting them to have a relationship I just love how their friendship is. It's enough and cute, I would love a best friend like Harry (perhaps without all the baggage of Voldemort coming after him haha).
4. Which characters from a book would you love to see thrown in the modern world? Why?
I would love to see Fagin, Dodger and Nancy from Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens in the modern world. A retelling of this book would be awesome, as much as I love the Victorian era this book is set in. It would be great to see these characters in today's society!
5. What are the top 3 books on your TBR right now that you're dying to read?
Once Upon A Time, Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Game of Thrones.
7. What are you most looking forward to this summer?
Well I've already had my summer holiday in Spain, but in about four weeks time I'm going to one of my favourite places, Somerset to visit my uncle. It's such a chilled environment and I love the countryside so much!