01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: September Wrap-Up 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

September Wrap-Up

34
Happy October everyone! Officially autumn in my eyes and my favourite season of the year, the anticipation of winter and the run up to Halloween and Christmas. I have to confess however I'm not much of a Halloween fan, I think it could be due to the fact that I once went to a Halloween party as a pumpkin- not flattering and all of my friends were witches, ghosts, devils etc and yeah I stood out like a sore thumb haha.

Anyway enough of what is yet to come and more of what went on in September! A somewhat quiet month for me, I'd had a couple of spells of not feeling well what with a migraine and tonsillitis and so this month seemed to have flown by without me realising it. Not only that but on the 3rd of October my OU course officially begins and it's all rather fresh and exciting for me!




I did however manage to read five books this month, well four books and one short story! I'm happy with that considering I wasn't much in the reading mood most of last month, so here are my read and reviewed books:


This picture makes my reading for last month look so disappointing haha, the man reason is that four of the books I've read were on my Kindle! I did read this rather lovely edition of The Secrets of The Wild Wood by Tonke Dragt though and its illustrations were superb...


 
I was sent The Green Road which was in the Man Booker Prize Longlist 2015, a powerful read that was incredibly well written and I was thrilled to have been sent it prior to its release it just took me a damn long time to get round to it!

My favourite books of the month were most certainly Grownup a short story by Gillian Flynn- honestly it was so brilliant it gave me chills! I advise to read it before going to bed to really immerse yourselves haha. Followed by the second installment of the Throne of Glass series (yes I know I'm far behind!) Crown of Midnight, by far more energetic than Throne of Glass and I am buzzing to begin Heir of Fire soon!


Here below are the links to my reviews of the books I read last month:

Angelfall by Susan Ee
The Secrets of The Wild Wood by Tonke Dragt
The Green Road by Anne Enright
The Grownup by Gillian Flynn (short story)
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas



A nice sized book haul this month and they all vary considerably! A Wild West adventure, a compelling detective thriller and two gorgeous romances of forgotten sweethearts- don't they sound awesome?!

There's nothing I love better than having different genre's to read, I think sometimes I can overdo it with some genres and I end up steering away from them for a great length of time. So yes, I''m very excited to get my teeth sunk into these beauties!

Many thanks to Caroline Lawrence for sending me 'The Case of The Pistol-Packing Widows' a different kind of read to me and I think its going to be thoroughly enjoyable so thank you for being so kind as to send it to me!


Goodreads links for the synopsis' of the books shown above:

The Case of The Pistol-Packing Widows by Caroline Lawrence
The Letter by Kathryn Hughes
Motive by Jonathan Kellerman
The Last Kiss Goodbye by Tasmina Perry


As you're all aware I'm no good at making plans as I just turn them on their heads! So my reading will be a surprise to us all this month, I have however just finished reading The Selection by Kiera Class a fun read and I'm hoping the next book The Elite everything will kick off! 
Other news/plans regarding myself are that I've booked my 21st birthday present for myself to go to Prague actually on my birthday in January- so excited! I've never been away on the day of it but as it's a special one I thought why not, so I've been researching things to do there and browsing for a nice winter coat for the occasion- darn my birthday being in January haha.

Then earlier on today my friend got us tickets to see Muse next year in April, so two events I have to look forward to in 2016!

Finally, I realise I haven't been very active on my blog recently and I apologise for that. Tomorrow I officially start my OU course and its all rather exciting, I do however need to change my working days seeing as all of my tutorials are on the weekend. Not such a bad thing its just the commotion of getting it sorted at work as they're not so lenient, I'm sure something will get sorted though.

So October is looking to be a fresh month and  a busy one, oh and yes I have started my Christmas shopping- oops!

Hope you're all well and I wish for October to bring you all happy things!

Hugs and love as always, 

 
 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38