01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: November Wrap-Up 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

November Wrap-Up

34


It's the last day of November everyone!!! Christmas is just around the corner and I'm getting so excited! Last night I finally watched the Inside Out film and it's now one of my favourite animated films ever it was simply adorable.

Anyway November, not the best month this year by a long shot...


I only managed to read two books compared to my 11 from last month, it's more due to me getting my last two assignments before Christmas finished. I think the month of December will definitely be a better reading month for me (I hope)!

In other news, I did manage to meet up with my boyfriend Aaron which was great. I got to give him his birthday presents and we had a wonderful time exploring London, especially observing St Paul's- we didn't go inside because it was insanely busy haha. Sadly last week Aaron hurt his back quite badly and he's been bed bound, tomorrow he's having surgery. Quite a scary time for him I can't imagine what it must be like but I'm hoping his back will be better soon, sadly we probably won't see each other this side of Christmas but never mind we will soon.

Onto what I actually read this month!


 


World After (Penryn & End of Days #2) by Susan Ee
All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr 

So I need to confess, I'm not particularly enjoying the Penryn & End of Days series- its just not grabbing me at all. However I'm stubborn and once I've started a series I need to know how it ends so I'm carrying on and we'll see what I think about the final book!

All The Light We Cannot See for me is a charming and beautifully written book, although incredibly sad it's one of those books that will stay with you. I definitely recommend you read it because Marie-Laure, one of the main characters is such an inspiration throughout!



Shock horror I haven't actually bought any books this month (pat me on the back everyone) but I have been sent a few from Netgalley so I'll share them with you now...


The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff 
The North Water by Ian McGuire
Did You Ever Have A Family by Bill Clegg
Shtum by Jem Lester
Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard

I'm looking forward to reading all of these, they all sound amazing!

Oops I almost forgot, I won Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard!!! I still can't quite believe it I've never won anything before haha, isn't it such a gorgeous book?! I'm enjoying it a lot so far!





My plans for December are to enjoy the last month of 2015, I have Christmas to look forward to; spending time with family and friends. It's one of my favourite times of the year and I always find it so magical.

Speaking of magical I'm taking part in a Harry Potter re-read-a-long as of tomorrow! It's hosted by @HarryChristmasToYou there's going to be trivia, quizzes. as well as other fun activities so if you want to join in then follow them on Twitter and sign up so you can be part of the house cup- you may even win something if your house wins! Fellow Hufflepuff's we can do this!

I wish you all a very happy December and look out for my Blogmas posts- I most likely won't post every day but as much as I can squeeze in! 

Hugs and love,


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38