01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Blogmas #1: Harry Potter Tag 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Blogmas #1: Harry Potter Tag

34
 

Welcome everyone to my first Blogmas post! Now be kind, I can't see me lasting all of Blogmas but I'm going to try haha and what better way to start it off than a tag post!

The lovely Tracy from Cornerfolds tagged me to do the Harry Potter Spells Book Tag and it's definitely without a doubt the best tag I've done! I see myself as more of a potions master myself but hey let's see how I get on with these spells...

 
1. An upcoming release you wish you could get your hands on right now.

 

This book has been haunting me for a long while now and I am so desperate to get my hands on it, I just hope it's as amazing as it's been hyped up to be!
 

2. Favourite series starter





This book was perhaps the fastest read I've ever managed to read within just a few days, it completely took over my life- it's fantastic!



3. A book that gave you all the warm fuzzies.


David Levithan always manages to give me all the feels in his books, this one in particular made me happy because it demonstrated that love is shown in many different ways and can be found in everyone.



4. A book that made you ugly cry.

 

Hands down one of the most emotional books I've ever read and one of my favourites for sure, Dex and Em are my favourite literary couple. Their whole story is rather beautiful and every time I read it I cry that little bit more!



5. Bookish hero or heroine you want around to protect you in real life.

 

Admittedly she doesn't have the best record but if I were Katniss Everdeen's sister I reckon I would stand a change if I was in danger.



6. A book you intentionally spoiled for yourself.


I had already started the TV series when I picked up this book which I do regret in some ways, I'm definitely going to pick it up again and read the book series all the way through properly as I know a lot hasn't been presented in the TV series.


7. A book you wish you could make everyone read because you loved it so much.

 

This is my favourite book ever currently, I've never felt so connected with a character as I do with Holden. If you're at that stage where adulthood is approaching and you're adamant that you're going to stay young forever then this is the book to read because it will understand you entirely- trust me!


8. A book or series you wish never ended.

 

It's such a wonderfully clever book to read, a very short read but I learnt so much from it. I think it could have gone on for a lot longer than it did but at the same time it was perfect- that's perhaps why I never wanted it to end.



9. A book with an uplifting ending or message.


 This book left me with a warm message of the importance of family and how no matter what you do in life they're always going to be there to support you. It also brings out an important message of gender stereotyping which is wonderfully brought out in the character Jo who is portrayed as a tom-boy.



10. A book you wish you could forget you ever read.





This book was just a massive no, making Hitler humorous. Not something I would object to but it's done so in the most poor way that I didn't get the humour at all. I was willing to be open minded about the story but in truth I've decided it's not possible to make Hitler a "funny guy"- in my opinion anyway.




11. An author whose books always get you out of a slump.

 

Rowling will forever get me out of a reading slump, there's something about her writing style that captivates me every time. Just reading a few lines of the first chapter of her books have me hooked and whack the reading slump has ended!



12. A swoon-worthy hero or heroine.


Gabriel Oak is a complete sweetheart from start to finish in this book, I would happily marry him myself!



13. A book that caused you to stop doing all other things until you finished it.


 Put it this way if you were in my household when I was reading this book I would have blocked you out completely, it was definitely a duvet week when I was reading this!


14. A book that was painful to read (for whatever reason) or broke you.



I wouldn't say this broke me or was painful but it certainly was upsetting to see an older lady see her family all leave home and she's left alone. It's sad because it made me think of those in the world who don't have anyone to spend time with because everyone's left them, very sad.


15. A book that had you laughing out loud.  


Despite this book being so cliche, I loved it a lot and it had me cracking up over all the high school occurrences and how a few of them I could relate to- and for your information the film was nowhere near as great as the book!



16. A book that made you want to send it flying.


 I don't want to say much about this book other than it was a complete waste of time unfortunately.



17. Bookish world you wish you could visit.


Okay, let's face it who wouldn't want to be in the wizarding world of Harry Potter? Hufflepuff's rock! I'm so excited to be re-reading this series right now, join me in doing so!


18. A book with a shocking twist or ending.


I don't want to spoil this book for anyone who is thinking of reading it but let me just say the ending is so messed up it's hauntingly brilliant!



19. A character death that destroyed you.

 

Perhaps it was inevitable but I was so heartbroken when Henry died, everything was fitting together perfectly and then it all went wrong. Gah I want to re-read this book at some point it's tragic but wonderful at the same time.


20. Best series conclusion.

 

I dislike how much some readers detest this series, for me the series as a whole was perfect and my favourite "end of the world" series to date. It was realistic, more so than I imagined which made it all the more believable and brilliant.





There we have it, I'm tagging you reading this right now, yes you! I want you to do this tag and please send me the links so I can see your choices, I had a lot of fun doing this. Especially now I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series, it made me pretend I am a wizard and I was practising my spells- probably not in the way Hermione would though oops!

Hope you're all having a great day.

Hugs and love,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38