01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: 2015 End of Year Book Survey 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

2015 End of Year Book Survey

34
 

So this is my first year of participating in Jamie's {Perpetual Page-Turner} 2015 End of Year Book Survey, here I'll be sharing with you some of my favourites and one's I didn't manage to get to- here we go!


 

Number of books I read: 70
Number of re-reads: 3
Genre I read the most from: Fantasy

Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/page/2#sthash.kix577Jy.dpuf
Number Of Books You Read:
Number of Re-Reads:
Genre You Read The Most From: - See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/page/2#sthash.kix577Jy.dpuf
 

1. Best book I read in 2015


The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger 


2. A book I was excited about & thought I was going to love more but didn't


Wendy Darling by Colleen Oakes 


3. Most surprising book I read



Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy


4. A book I "pushed" most people to read


 Fall of Man in Wilmslow by David Lagercrantz


5. Best series I started in 2015

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

 
6. Favourite new author I discovered in 2015

Caroline Wallace

I fell in love with Caroline's book 'The Drowning of Arthur Braxton' and I'm anticipating great things this year, she's a lovely woman as well as a clever writer.

 
7. Best book from a genre I don't typically read


All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher

I'm not a big fan of reading memoirs, but having followed Carrie on YouTube for a number of years I wanted to give her book a go and I wasn't disappointed!

 
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year 


The Selection by Kiera Cass

 
9. A book I read in 2015 that I am most likely to re-read next year
 

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K Rowling

 
10. Favourite cover of a book I read in 2015


Church of Marvels by Leslie Parry

 
11. Most memorable character of 2015


Mare Barrow from Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

 
12. Most beautifully written book in 2015



The Green Road by Anne Enright

 
13. Most thought provoking book of 2015



Animal Farm by George Orwell

 
14. A book I can't believe I waited until 2015 to read


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

 
15. Favourite quote from a book I read in 2015


"For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable- what then?"- George Orwell 1984


16. Shortest & Longest books I read in 2015

Shortest- The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
Longest- The Secrets of the Wild Wood by Tonke Dragt 
 

17. A book that shocked me the most


In Their Shoes- illustrated by Lucie Arnoux

This book holds various fairy tales we all know and love, however these are the original versions- some are very disturbing! 
 

18. OTP of the year

 Celaena and Chaol from Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass series


19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year



Caddy and Suzanne from Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard

 
20. Favourite book I read in 2015 from an author I've read previously


The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

 
21. Best book I read in 2015 based solely on a recommendation from somebody



The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain
 
 
22. Newest fictional crush from a book I read in 2015



Wesley Rush from The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

 
23. Best 2015 debut I read

 Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard 


24. Best world-building setting I read in 2015


Way Down Dark by James Smythe

 
25. A book that put a smile on my face


Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway

 
26. A book that made me cry


 Another Day by David Levithan


27. Hidden gem of the year


Dead and Buryd by Chele Cooke

 
28. A book that crushed my soul (in a good way)

The Drowning of Arthur Braxton by Caroline Smailes (Wallace)



29. Most unique book I read in 2015


 The Tiny Wife by Andrew Kaufman


30. A book that made me the most mad


 Look Who's Back by Timur Vermes
 

Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?


 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?


 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?


 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?


7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?


11. Most memorable character of 2015?


 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?


13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?


 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 


 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?


How I did this: Went to my read books on Goodreads and sorted by page number and just looked for what I knew I read this yeaer that was the shortest and longest.

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year


20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously


21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:


22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?


23. Best 2015 debut you read?


24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?


25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?


26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?


27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?


30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

- See more at: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/page/2#sthash.kix577Jy.dpuf

 

1. A new favourite book blog I discovered in 2015

 Armada by Ernest Cline 


2. Favourite review that I wrote in 2015

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger 


3. Best discussion/non-review post I had on my blog


Discussion: "When a book is just 'okay'"


4. Best event that I participated in


My Harry Potter Book Night


5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015

I started getting more noticed by publishers, and have been lucky enough to be sent some amazing ARC's!
 
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or my reading life this year

Keeping up-to-date with new books, I'm getting better but there's definitely room for improvement.
 
7. Most popular post this year on my blog

 Wreckage by Emily Bleeker

8. A post I wish got a little more love

Surprise Package \ Everyone Brave is Forgiven

I've almost finished this book, and I think it's a book that a lot of my readers will enjoy!

9. Best bookish discovery

Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
 
10. Reading challenges I set up at the beginning of the year and have accomplished

I completed my Goodreads book challenge to read 50 books, I ended up reading 70.



 

1.  One book I didn't get to in 2015 but will be my number one priority for 2016 is

The Finding of Martha Lost by Caroline Wallace

 
2. A book I'm most anticipating for 2016

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton 

 
3. 2016 debut I'm looking forward to

The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig


4. Series ending/a sequel I'm most anticipating in 2016

Half Lost by Sally Green 

 
5. One thing I hope to accomplish in my reading/blogging life in 2016

I would very much like to attend a book event this summer so I can meet all of my wonderful friends I've met through blogging!

 
6. A 2016 release I've already read and recommend to everyone



Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard 
 


So there we have it, I've enjoyed looking back over the past year of books. I'm so excited to share with you all what I get to read now in 2016- it's an amazing looking year ahead!

If you've done this book survey too then feel free to leave your links below so I can take a look at them :-)

Hugs and love,



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38