01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: 10 Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About Enough 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

10 Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About Enough

34
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Happy Tuesday everyone! How are we all on this fine day? I'm so close to finishing my first year of university now and I've become so lazy when it comes to writing up my new assignments, but I'm determined to get them done soon so I can get on with reading all the books!!!

Anyway, this week's topic is books I haven't talked about enough. All of these that I've chosen I simply adore and there's no doubt at some point I will read them again because they are flawless!


Carrie's War by Nina Bawden

As you guys know I'm a sucker for a war book and this was the first war novel I read when I was in junior school. The whole adventure of Carrie and Nick moving to the countryside to escape the bombings in London, where they meet a variety of characters. There's a hint of mystery in this novel too and the relationships that build are rather beautiful. I can't express how much of a treasure this book is..

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

You can't have too many war books everyone! The Book Thief touched my heart in so many ways, and the relationship between Liesel and Hans despite being strangers is very much a father and daughter and the support he gives her and the knowledge he provides is adorable. When Max a Jew is hiding in their basement you see how oblivious Liesel is as to why he's hiding and why someone could possibly be out to hurt him. The way it's told by death is haunting and yet stunning, you can't not love this book.

The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde

If Wilde was alive today I would seek out to be his friend, we're on the same page and his wit is pure brilliance in this novel. You can tell Wilde would be Dorian here, he's vain, wealthy, and spontaneous with life and his sexuality. This book is quotable and I have sticky-notes all over this book with all the quotes I love.


Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo

Another war book? Yes! We're taken through this story by Tommy a solider in the first World War with his brother Charlie. They're inseparable, even when the beautiful Molly takes a shine to Charlie. It's told in chapter's of time as he doesn't know how much time he'll have until he's killed in battle, and Tommy reflects on his life and the death of his father as well as his childhood memories- its a tear-jerker and I'll return to it again and again.

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger 

I haven't read this book in so long that my mind is a little cloudy as to how it ends but I know it's not happy and I bawled my eyes out.
Henry a librarian meets Claire when she's six and he's thirty-six, but woah don't get the wrong idea...he's a time traveler and they meet back and forth for years until they meet at an age where they're both adults and they fall in love, but being a time traveler it soon gets complicated and heartbreaking for everyone involved. I need to read this book again!



All My Friends Are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman

I read this book in one sitting, but it's not that many pages but oh boy you wouldn't want to put it down in the first place. We're greeted by these people who are all named after their superpower, and it's about embracing your superpower because it makes you unique but it doesn't make you any better than anyone else. It's quotable, fun, full of love and I just adore Kaufman's style of writing- it's perfect!

The Catcher in the Rye by J,D, Salinger 

I can't talk about this book enough and I never will be able to, it's perfection. It is like marmite for a lot of people so you're either going to love ir ot hate it but I suggest you read it at the point in your life where you're feeling a bit lost and angry at the world. It's a coming of age book where Holden doesn't want to grow up, he refuses to become an adult and take on responsibilities he's frightened of having to deal with. I've never related to a character as much as him and I'm so thankful I read this book at a time where I felt completely alone with my thoughts.

Charlotte's Web by E.B. White

I always forget how many great books I read as a child, and this one is gorgeous. When Fern takes care of a pig runt named Wilbur who just wants to be loved and spends his life in the barn amongst other animals including a friendly spider named Charlotte who takes him under her wing. It's the perfect book that conveys the importance of love and friendship, I love it.

Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy

The stigma that comes with Hardy is that he's quite depressing- I agree but Far From The Madding Crowd it's a whole different kettle of fish. We meet the gorgeous Gabriel Oak in the beginning a humble farmer who looses his farm and manages to get work on a recently inherited woman named Bathsheba. We have a love square going on in this novel and Bathsheba makes a lot of questionable choices which I disliked- I was rooting for Gabriel the whole way he is her perfect match and so selfless.

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

If you haven't jumped on the Cormoran Strike band wagon already then you really need to. He's not like Sherlock Holmes or like any detective you know he's unique, scruffy, a little unorthodox but oh my there's something about Cormoran you just love, and I've developed a crush for sure. The way he investigates a case is brilliant and everything ties together so well, and the mask is whipped off from my eyes every time.


So these are my top ten books that I love but don't talk about enough, and if you haven't read any of these I can't push these more upon you. They're all awesome and have enhanced my love for reading, so what books do you love but don't talk about enough? Tell me! I love knowing what books you guys have been reading.

I hope you're all having a great week.

Hugs and love,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38