01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: 5 Characters Everyone Loves That I Just Don't "Get" 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

5 Characters Everyone Loves That I Just Don't "Get"

34
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Happy Tuesday everyone! How are you all doing today? I found this week's topic a bit of a tricky one, and I decided to go with the characters everyone loves but I just don't understand I guess. I don't "hate" characters because I think you can learn a lot from the unlikable characters in books, and so finding ten characters just didn't happen so here are my top five characters I never really related to when reading these books...



Bella Swan- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Reading this back in 2010 I adored this series as a whole without a doubt but I was blinded by Bella, she was a complete bore. Good for her getting a hot boyfriend who's a vampire, but she could at least act happy when she was with him I mean she nailed it in New Moon with being a recluse but she was a depressing character from the start. Bella could have been so much more in these books, and it's a shame I've grown out of these now as I adored them so much when I first read them.

Isabelle Lightwood- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Yes she's a girl that fights in high heels, who's gorgeous and just generally badass but for me Isabelle just screamed insecurity and perhaps that's not reflective in how she acts but I feel like that was all a facade. I just didn't warm to her much at all, and that could be because I myself was the "it" girl who everyone liked but I was surrounded by those who were and them too I just couldn't relate to.

Peeta- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Just no, Peeta for me felt like a lost cause. If anything it felt like Katniss enjoyed the company of Peeta but I couldn't see real love there at all. He felt like a spare part to me and Gale would have been more suited, but I see why perhaps Suzanne Collins wanted the underdog to be the love match but for me this time it just didn't work. Peeta is sweet and attentive but he needed more of a backbone.

Charlie- The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 

Okay I know you'll all think me heartless with this one but I can only relate to Charlie to a certain extent, the social awkwardness and keeping to myself, however overall I just didn't understand him and I think this is because I was limited to how much I could relate to him. If anything I felt that this book was trying too hard, and the hype around it made it result in disappointment for me. (Don't hate me)

Catherine- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Wow where do I even begin with Catherine, from the beginning of reading this novel I knew that she would irritate me throughout. Throughout the story she was irrational and just dramatised everything, I mean clearly something must have been mentally wrong with her...


I felt like this was one massive bitch fest of me ranting at these characters, but I guess we all have different opinions. I think I'll be known as the person who disliked one of the most talked about books ever, The Perks of Being A Wallflower and loving one of the most undecided books ever- The Catcher In The Rye.

What characters do you just don't get? Tell me and if we have some that match then I hope you'll make me feel less mean about my choices haha.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs and love,





Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38