01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: 10 Bookworm Delights 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

10 Bookworm Delights

34
Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm currently working away on my second to last assignment and it's slowly killing my brain and motivation, but the finishing line is so near now and I'm looking forward to having a full four months off to do what I want to do (probably work a lot of it) like read my TBR away. This weeks TTT is what my Top 10 bookworm delights are and to be honest I could probably have done a Top 20, so here they are...



1. Beautiful covers- I'm a sucker for a pretty book covers, and I'm certainly guilty of buying new editions of books when new covers are brought out. A perfect example is the new Harry Potter editions- the illustrations are perfect and the cover material is so soft!

2. That "new book" feeling- I'm guilty of managing some money on my pay packet each month to buy new books, because just receiving a new book that may end up on the shelf for a while it still feels good to have a new pretty book added to my collection!

3. That "bookish" smell- There's something comforting about the smell of a book, new or old.

4. Fangirling with other bookworms- There's nothing better than meeting someone who enjoys the same kind of books as you, and it's even better when you're swooning over a character you both love. Endless conspiracies and diverse thoughts make the reading experience even more enjoyable when someone else has read the book you love too.

5. When you find an underrated book no one else has tried- I don't know about you but when I get asked to review a new book by an unfamiliar author and I enjoy it a lot I get excited because I feel like I've discovered treasure, and all I want to do is shout about it from the rooftops for everyone to hear and physically force the book in their hands for them to read immediately. There's also the other hand where I want to keep it to myself and pretend it's "my find" and I don't want to share with others how amazing it is!

6. When you discover a new favourite- My most recent favourite book find was The Finding of Martha Lost by Caroline Wallace, and before that The Catcher in The Rye. Both books I couldn't put down, and I can't help but talk about endlessly to encourage others to try them out.

7. Someone loving a book I've recommended- I always feel a sense of pride when someone asks me for book recommendations, and I try to make sure I recommend a variety of different genres. So when someone comes back to me with comments like "that book is now my favourite" or "why had I not read this before" or even "thank you for recommending me this book" it just feels me with happiness and now I can discuss the book with them!

8. A clear day and a pile of books- Whether its a rainy or a summer's day and I have no plans I make the most of it by settling down with a book that I've had on my TBR for a while, and I'm currently anticipating this again when I finish my studies for the summer- hurry up June!

9. A favourite author gaining the recognition they deserve- When I discover new authors that haven't been "discovered" yet or are so close to gaining this recognition I love to spread the word and hope that someone picks up on it and gives them what they deserve- a wider audience. It's lovely to see an author grow and move up in the world when you know they work so hard to achieve their dreams, and not only this but it gives me the encouragement to carry on reaching for my own goals too.

10. Finding book bargains- It doesn't matter where I am, if there's a bookshop I'm definitely going to have a look around and find some bargains. Charity shops are the best bet of finding cheap books but places like The Works or The Book People carry out such great deals like "3 for £5" or book collections selling for more than half the price e.g. with The Book People last year I bought all of Charles Dickens novels for £16.00!!!


What are your bookish delights? I could probably think of a Top 20!

I hope you're all having a great Tuesday.

Hugs and love,





Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38