01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Open University \ Term 3 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Open University \ Term 3

34

Can everyone remember me banging on about "in two months I'll be finishing my first year with the Open University"? Well I wouldn't be surprised as I haven't stopped talking about it, but now I'm within these last two months- crazy right?

The end is so close now and I'm so ready to be finished. I've begun my two exam-marked assignments, and they're already taking their toll on me. We've these particular assignments its all about me gathering the relevant information to answer the question rather than the guidance notes telling me what to look at and where, its all off my own back. So I'm surrounded by my textbooks, notepads, pens, laptop and munchies to keep me going.

Overall, I think I'm going to do well this year. I think for my Humanities module I'll achieve a Pass mark and with my Environment I'd like to think I will achieve higher on the basis that my scores are higher in comparison. I'm not so worried about how high I pass just as long as I pass both modules I'm perfectly happy, and seeing as year one doesn't count towards my degree I can wipe the slate clean and work even harder in my second year. That's the beauty of first year I think, where it doesn't necessarily matter just as long as I get a pass grade I can move onto level 2 modules.

On the subject of year 2 I know the work will get harder and the marking perhaps not so generous, and so in my eyes if I make the mistakes now I can then improve and hopefully eradicate them in second year.

I think the best part of studying has been to witness my progression throughout, and admittedly I do at times make the same silly mistakes I can now recognise where I'm going wrong and why. That's what's important at the end of the day, if you can't spot the mistakes yourself then you're not going to be able to programme yourself to stop making the mistakes in the future.

One target I've set myself for next year is to thoroughly proof read my work, or get someone to read it for me so I don't make silly grammar mistakes and ensure my sentences are coherent enough. I tend to waffle on about things without much thought to what I'm trying to convey, do any of you have this problem? You know what you want to say and you think you are saying what you mean but you're not. Perhaps I'm doing that now? Haha. 

Anyhow, I'm procrastinating by writing this post, but like I've said before I've wanted to keep you guys updated and keep these posts as something to look back on for myself. I'm just happy that I'm finally with an educational establishment that cares about their students and strives to give them the best experience, and so far I have very few complaints.

So I'm going to smash these two assignments, and then enjoy my four months off for summer- so excited!

I hope you're all having a great week, and to those of you with upcoming exams good luck! You'll be fine, and remember you can do it if you work to the best of your ability as that's all that matters at the end of the day. Be proud of your achievements!

Hugs and love,



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38