01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Saga, Vol 2 by Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Saga, Vol 2 by Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples

34


Saga, Vol 2 by Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples ~Goodreads~
Published by Image Comics 2013
Paperback edition 168 pages ~Book Depository~


It's thanks to my boyfriend Sam that I've managed to get hold of the next four volumes of Saga- so yay!

Saga is a sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the universe. Thanks to her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana, newborn baby Hazel has already survived lethal assassins, rampaging armies, and horrific monsters, but in the cold vastness of outer space, the little girl encounters her strangest adventure yet...grandparents.


Newborn daughter of Marko and Alana, Hazel. Continues to narrate the story of how her parents met and still from an unknown point in the future.

Marko and Alana are still on the run from their bounty hunter and whoever else fancies coming after them (seemingly everyone!), and continue to find a safe place to raise Hazel. However, appearances from ex-flames and family members Gwendolyn, Marko's ex-fiance and his parents pop up too- much to the dislike of Alana. I absolutely love the fight in both Alana and Marko's Mum, simply priceless and the typical reaction from a mother who's son has created a family with an enemy race. 

Alana is remaining my favourite character, there's just far too much sass to deal with!

What I'm loving about this series is the way Vaughan makes every single character interesting, and in no way have I wanted to skip over their individual stories. I'm particularly loving The Will and Gwendolyn, but I'm not much of a fan of the 'Slave Girl' she seems more of a cock-block than anything although I admire The Will's dedication to take care of her.

Incredibly fast-paced, witty, and a new surprise on every page. This series is simply hard to put down, and each volume I've read in one-sitting. I'm wanting to describe Vaughan's writing as my favourite drug, and I'm buzzing to continue reading this epic series. 



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38